"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25
We received our first update of our three sweet beautiful children yesterday! Oh, it was so heartwarming to see a photo of them that was only one day old. And the smiles on their faces! They MUST know that God has finally revaled their family to them. We also received their current heights and weights so it was fun seeing where they are compared to our other children at home.
So, in honor of this special day, I spent the evening sorting through their goodies and filling their backpacks. Every day, every picture, every update makes this all a little more real (and makes my heart ache a little more for them.)
We still haven't received our authentication back for our I-171H which is hard. Our dossier needs to get to Ethiopia so that we can have it translated and get in line for a court date. I'm hoping and praying that it comes today. But I know that it is in the Lord's timing. So I will wait, stare at the gorgeous photo of my kiddos, and continue to fill their backpacks with goodies!
The authentication came in the mail TODAY! So the dossier will be out the door on the way to Gladney first thing Monmday morning! Woo Hoo! :-) Also, Chris, e-mail me at the address on the top right of the blog and I will let you know what we put in those backpacks. Maybe I'll even write my next post on "What's In Those Backpacks!" :-)

9 comments:
Kristy,
I'm going to be filling some backpacks of my ouwn here soon. Can you give us some ideas of what you put inside?
Thanks,
Chris
Kristi-
we are reading your post as a family and are all so excited for you guys.
Lots of Love,
The Duzers!
What a beautiful family! And what good news that the other three are another step closer to coming home.
Jill
What a wonderful day for you!!!
Oh how exciting, friend!! I was looking through our photo album of all of the pictures that were given to us by Gladney and other traveling families with the girls yesterday. We ran across the traced hands and feet that you brought back for us. I tried to explain how special those were for us!!
So happy that things are progressing and that the courts are open again!!
Hmmm....by the looks of those backpacks, it must be 2 girls and a boy?? Can't wait to hear that you have a court date!
So happy for you! We are waiting to move into our new home so we can begin the process to adopt two girls from Ethiopia. We adopted our sweet Lilly from China in December 2007. So amazed at all these beautiful families in "blog land". Congratulations!
Oh......missing you! So great to get an update on your waiting. SO HAPPY you got your I-171! Woo-hoo. Call me anytime. I am praying for you and a quick court date. Would love to have you over any morning.
Andrea
I am so happy to see all the blessing in your family... God is so good.
Please call me, you have my number.
Carlos and Jackie
I lost your number
Post a Comment