Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Holidays






We had so much fun over the holidays! The girls loved their first Christmas! Grace enjoyed counting down to Christmas with her advent calendar full of chocolate. She went from not liking sweets and chocolate to LOVING them in a matter of months! Eliana Hiwot especially loved her new baby doll on Christmas morning! We enjoyed a New Years Eve dinner at church with activities and friends, and then my family all came into town from NY and SC on New Years Eve. They were all here for three days and our house full of 18 people had a WONDERFUL time together. All of the cousins (but 1) from my side of the family were together. What good times! Now we are back on the school and sports schedule, and longing for the simpler days of overeating, staying up late, and sleeping in! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Lori S said...

I can tell you are having lots of family fun!! I love the picture with the upside down sunglasses!

mama becca said...

I LOVED your comment on my blog!!! It was amazing. I "accepted" it to be published but it's not showing up, but I'm not sure why. I sure hope it does though, b/c I want people to read it!!! I wanted you to know that I loved it and didn't shun you!
I can totally relate to all that you "confessed"-- especially being the oldest of 6 kids myself!!! it's mayhem!!! and I know my mom could relate too. But, I know you are an awesome mom, even on your longest days, simply b/c you're honest about it. Your kids are gorgeous and so are you!!!
love
becca