Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

We're Outta Here!!!!!!


I can't believe that today is FINALLY here! Our bags are packed....all 435 lbs! And myself, hubby, and oldest daughter packed our clothing in our carry ons! The rest is clothing, etc for the girls and most of it is humanitarian aid. Oh, I cannot forget the precious cargo of care packages to deliver to your waiting children! I have been so blessed by the way the Lord has provided all of the humanitarian aid! We have much needed medical supplies, clothing, backpacks, and jackets for the older boys orphanage, and tons of small toys and snacks to hand out to children everywhere. Thank you to the local girl scout troops for all of the small toys and snacks! Before we board the plane this evening, I must continue my Mommy duties at home first. Oldest son is sick, so I have to take him to urgent care this morning. Our vacuum is broken so I need to go and get a replacement for it. Youngest daughter (in the home today) is cheering for a football game that I can't miss! I have to find a new title for ner soon! Well, Oldest son just came into the room crying because he can't swallow. I am 99.9% sure that it is a virus. Would you please pray for him for quick healing? I know that he will be fine, but it is hard as a Mama to be jumping on a plane and leaving the country when you are leaving a sick child at home. But in all of this hustle and bustle, I WILL praise the Lord!
"Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations: I will sing praises to your name." 2 Samuel 22:50

7 comments:

mama becca said...

HOW amazing!!!!
I hope you can update from Ethiopia... what a great journey you've been on and have yet to take... praying for you as you travel!
becca :)

Shelly Roberts said...

Rejoicing with you that this time has FINALLY COME! Cannot wait to hear about your trip. Blessings~ Shelly

Lori S said...

Yaaay! I'm so excited for you, Kristy!! What a good (and busy) mama you are! I'll pray for you as you travel and for your children staying home.
Can't wait to hear from you and see more pictures!
God Bless!!

Rebecca said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip! We will be praying for 'oldest son' to have a miraculous recovery! Praying for your journey to ET

Wolfemom said...

I will pray for you and your entire family. What an exciting week ahead!! Praises to God for putting this all together!!

The Soucys said...

I'm so happy the time has come! I will be praying for your family! Go get those girls!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lord, watch over Kristy as she travels to bring her family home. Protect her as she travels to do the good things You put her in her heart. Life her up when she is tired on tjhis long journey.

{{prayers and happiness for you guys!!}}