Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

One Week To Go......

I can't even begin to write down my range of emotions these days. This is BIG stuff. Traveling to a third world country and coming home with two new little girls. All the while, three of my other children will be home having their first week of school and sports games without their Mama. UGH! I am looking so forward to the trip and the experience but it is so overwhelming and the packing is well...insane! We have about 250 lbs JUST in humanitarian aid that we've collected to take over with us. That doesn't leave us with much for us and the girls. I dream about the girls all night...then I obsess all day trying to ready our home for our new arrivals and pack our luggage. ACK! I haven't childproofed our home in 6 years! Gates, outlet covers...then there is setting up the rocking chair, highchair, toys, stroller, car seat, etc. WOW! I think that this is really going to happen folks! That is part of it...pinching myself to see if this is REALLY real! As you can tell, my mind is so boggled, so I will save you all the randomness of it all, and sign off. We're oh so close to getting our girls!!!!!! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

13 comments:

mama becca said...

I'm so excited for you... but you're right... this is heavy stuff and hard to wrap our emotions around it all... praying for you...
becca

Rebecca said...

You are SO close and I can't wait to see pictures of you guys with your new family :) What an exciting journey!

Anonymous said...

I have a pic of your littlest one. If you would like it, email me at tstricklin_0829@yahoo.com My husband took it last week while he was there.

Jan

Wolfemom said...

So amazing... the "labor" of it all almost seems tougher than actually giving birth. So special... you will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

It is getting so real for you now, and I am so happy for all of you. I know I am more excited than ever to continue hearing about your journey. These girls could not be entering into a better family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You continue to be in our prayers, and my family and church groups continue to pray with me for your family...What awesome work He does and wonderful miracles He bestows upon us! :-)

Anonymous said...

Please see email

S

Lori S said...

Wow--it must be overwhelming! Before you know it, you'll be finished packing and on your way! Then, you can sit back, breathe, and enjoy the trip! Can't wait to see picture of the girls with you and your family!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so excited for you ...i know this journey will change you forever ... i can't wait to follow your journey ... we want to bring a sibling brother/sister home as soon as our most recently adopted daughter has surgery ... blessings to your family!

Sam said...

what beautiful girls! cant wait to read about your trip!

Jim and Debbie said...

So very excited for you all and pray you have a safe journey and a wonderful time in Ethiopia!!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, I remember those emotions. Hopefully they will fuel you with the energy you need to get everything done before you get your GIRLS!!!

Take care

blessedbigtime said...

Thinking of you!
Diana Thornley
Charleston, SC

Natalie Fournet said...

I am so excited for you and praying for your journey! I wonder what your oldest daughter (in Ethiopia) is thinking right now...is she anticipating your arrival. With our young ones waiting for us I assume they do not really have any concept of what is happening...

Praying for you all!