A part of me allows my mind to go there.....the place that reminds me that we had tenative reservations to travel tomorrow to go and get our girls. But the reality is, the Lord's timing for us to go and get our precious girls is not now. His ways are not our ways. But His timing IS perfect! I am able to be here for a family health crisis. It would break my heart to not be here for my family right now. I will be out of town for a little while and when I arrive back home, I will have the pleasure of participating in my children's end of school year parties. I will be able to watch my younger daughter "graduate" from fifth grade and my oldest daughter graduate from high school. There is a time for everything. It is just not time for us to get our sweet girls from Ethiopia yet. They are in good hands. Lord, please help them soak in their homeland and culture as we await the day when we board the plane and know that finally....the time has arrived!
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thank you for the words of encouragement.It is helpful to know that we are going through this with many others who believe and trust in God's awesome plans!
Lori S.
Such great words to read today! Thank you for sharing.
There were often times during our wait that I could not understand why we were still waiting. The Lord was faithful, however, and brought our children into our home at the right time. As a friend of mine said when she was waiting for court approval, "God is in control and for some reason, [her little girl] needs to be in Ethiopia longer." It's so true. We'll be praying that you get to hold your little ones in God's perfect timing.
With Love,
Penelope
praying for you to hear good news soon- before you know it, you'll be on a plane to hug those sweeties!!!!
chin up!!!
becca :)
There are so many families impacted by this delay. Thank you for encouraging us all.
I am with AGCI and stumbled on this great blog. We also learned on the 31st that we were on hold.
I must say that I am eternally grateful the the Gladney families for their support and information-sharing.
We are waiting to bring our 4 1/2 year old daughter home. Our referral came on March 19th--so we were really surprised that the phone call was not for travel. Obviously God is not ready for her to come home. Our court date was May 30th (the day the hold went into effect).
Sharon
Always remember (as you do) that it won't be late by a SINGLE DAY...you will look back and think "ah, that was perfect timing". :) You and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers...
praying for you guys!!
Post a Comment