Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Still In A Fog........

I am still on cloud 9 and am not even close to coming back to reality yet! Or, even better, this IS reality! I am still in shock and disbelief at the blessing of our two girls! You know, when you say, "Yes Lord," to something, you know that whatever happens, that He will always be with you. But I am learning that when you do say "Yes Lord," that He does immeasurably more than you could EVER ask or imagine. That is the immense blessing of leading an obedient Christian life! He KNEW my heart's desires and then He said, "Yes Kristy" and I am humbled and amazed!
THE call was amazing. I was sleeping on the couch since I had been up the two previous nights giving youngest son nebulizer treatments. My cell phone rang. I asked youngest son to go and find the phone and he couldn't. I figured that if someone really needed me, that they would try our home phone as well. Well, it didn't ring so I took my time getting up, fishing my phone out of my purse, and saw that there was a message and lo and behold, it was Mary from Gladney! Since I just met her in person on Friday night and it was way too early for referral, I tried VERY hard to not get my hopes up. I did try to call her back about 30 times in a row so I was a just a bit anxious! :-) I even left her a cool and calm message saying that I was returning her call and how wonderful it was to meet her on Friday night. What I wanted to says was: "DO YOU HAVE ANY NEWS FOR ME?!?!?!" But I didn't want her to feel bad if she was calling for another reason. So while I am desperately trying to get Mary, I called hubby at work to make sure that I could find him, just in case. He has been office hopping like crazy lately and with no pager, half of the time, I have no idea where he is or how to reach him. Sure enough, he was there and picked up on the first ring! So I told him about the call and to stay close to the phone just in case. Mary FINALLY called me back and sure enough, she had news about our girls! I quickly stopped her and asked her to conference hubby in before I heard details (which is unheard of if you know the control freak that I am!) Because our referral package was so huge (Woo Hoo!) it took FOREVER to download. Seriously! Mary had to keep reconfiguring the e-mails because neither hubby or I were getting the e-mails! I felt like I was in a bad dream or that it was a cruel joke! Finally, after about 15 minutes, we began to get e-mail after e-mail of pictures, history, medical reports, developmental milestones, etc. Like the verse from my post on Monday, "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25
I had NO IDEA that when I typed out that verse, it was for me! WOW!
Oh, the girls are just so beautiful and we are blessed way beyond what words can express!
Thank you so much for joining in with us on this journey! We are not allowed to post pictures of the girls until a successful court date that makes them officially ours! So for now, hang in there with us, and please pray for a speedy and successful court date!
"You have granted him the desire of his heart, and you have not witheld the request of his lips. You welcomed him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure gold on his head. He asked you for life, (which is the meaning of younger daughter's name) and you gave it to him." Psalm 21:2-4a
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20,21

8 comments:

Holly said...

Amen!!
What a marvelous, loving God we serve!
Many blessings,
Holly
www.purposedrivenfamily.blogspot.com

Carpenters said...

Doesn't it seem so surreal some times? I am so excited for you! Thank you for sharing your story about THE call. I can't wait to see their cute faces. We'll be praying for a quick court date.

With Love,
Penelope

emily said...

Awesome!!

coffeemom said...

WOWWWW! We are SO happy for you!!! That is just awesome, abundant, blessing!!! WE'll keep you in our prayers for a swift and positive court date! In the meantime, if we can take anything over for you or take pictures, well, email me or get me on my blog and we'll work out the details, we leave second weekend may!
Congratulations!!!!!

Kimberly Baggett said...

i love this story! i am so happy for you and your family! i cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful girls!!! many blessings!

mama becca said...

yay!
congrats!!!

mama becca said...

Hey Kristy!
Is your baby in the baby house? Email me a pic and I'll see if I have more. rvzalbertson@gmail.com.
becca :)

familyinflux said...

Congratulations!!
We are going to Ethiopia next week. Would you like us to stop by and take a few pictures for you? Our email is, dauray@gmail.com