Well, I kept putting off posting this week until we received Gladney approval. We have been waiting for three weeks for it! So, I thought, surely Monday would be the day....well....no. Okay, Tuesday came and Tah Dah, I received the wonderful approval e-mail. But since part of the approval taking so long was how many children Gladney would approve us to adopt, I thought that maybe I should clarify that with Gladney before doing the happy dance. Well, long story short, we are only approved to adopt up to two siblings ages 0-8, not three. But hold on folks, I don't give up that easily when I have clear marching orders from the Lord so.....I should hear back this afternoon if we are, in fact, miraculously going to be approved for three. Mind you, if Gladney referred a sibling set of two to us, we would consider it. I just feel like the Lord is clearly telling me to keep the door open for three. Now this number three has been quite the battle.....Internally for me to wrap my brain around the idea of three more and moving up to the church van. AGGHHH!!!!!! Then we had a tough time getting our home study approved for three, and now Gladney. Now, I must put in a good word for Gladney as I have the utmost respect for them. They have MANY years of adoptions under their belts and they know what works best and what is high risk. This folks, is high risk at its finest. However, the Lord doesn't call us to a safe, risk free life. Most of us choose to take the safe, risk free life, but if you open yourself up to be His willing vessel, well WHAT A RIDE! I don't want the token safe, risk free life. I want to live a life that glorifies the Lord and that people see that NONE of this would be possible without the Him! I LOVE it when we can disregard the pages that man writes and we let Him write the story. Oh, and what a wonderful, loving, story that it becomes....and it is nothing that can be accomplished on this side of heaven!
So I will continue to attempt to be patient and persevere, and sit at His feet knowing that He is able and that His good and perfect will prevail!
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
James 1:2-6
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, THREE?! You're brave people! Thankfully, the will of God will never lead you where his grace won't keep you, right? Enjoying following your journey!
Glad you are making progress. Praying for your family on the wonderfully crazy journey! Natalie
Good for you for pressing on! The Lord definitely knows who your children will be and we'll be praying that He opens doors.
With Love,
Penelope
WOW! I love this post, your faith and conviction is truly encouraging! God calls us to be obedient to Him and Him alone walking by faith in all things! What a blessing to share this journey with you! Glad to find your site!
Post a Comment