Well, we have survived week 1 of waiting for our I-171H. How exciting to be one step closer to our new kiddos! Last weekend after we had our fingerprints taken for customs & immigration, we went to lunch in DC at an Ethiopian Restaurant. Our waitress was from Addis Ababa and the kids were so excited to experience our new kid's culture! Our waitress smartly ordered the kid's food without seasoning or spice but asked if they wanted green peppers in it. Well I thought, hmmmmm, bell peppers will add good flavor and they can pull them out so, sure! Well, just a note for the future...in Ethiopian food, green peppers are jalapenos! However, the kids were all great sports and all of them ate the steak that was ordered minus the green peppers! :-) The oldest three enjoyed the injera as well and we all thought that it was neat sharing one plate of food together. Now Daddio ordered the lamb with the full berbere seasoning and thoroughly enjoyed his fare. I think that he lost about five pounds as well through sweating as he ate! He was literally trying not to drip sweat on to his food. Oh, what a laugh we had! The place that we ate at didn't offer the traditional coffee ceremony, so we'll have to head back into DC soon and find a restaurant that offers that as well!
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests God." Philippians 4:6
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
PHIL 4:6 has been THE verse for me this week, and God showed it to me again at the end of your blog. It took my breath away. I think He is getting through to me. Thanks for sharing.
DC is a bit of a drive, but I need some buddies to eat ET food with me (the "nonspicy" kind- I'm a whimp!)
Next time you head thee, maybe Abigail and I can meet you:)
I enjoy Ethiopian food more each time that we eat it! I was a total whimp at first and slowly have gotten to where I will try it all-- and actually enjoy it:) Oh, I still won't any of the raw meat dishes.....not that adventurous!!
You might want to try Sidamo on Capitol Hill for coffee ceremony. Every Sunday at 2 they host it. Cozy place and the owners' kids are often there. Good luck!
http://www.sidamocoffeeandtea.com/
Post a Comment