Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year And New Friends!

I have been so fortunate over the last couple of weeks to meet other families locally that are also adopting from Ethiopia! We are all excited to meet face to face and to begin building an Ethiopian community for our children and families! What a blessing it is to meet others who have been called by the Lord to go and rescue these sweet orphans so far away! ("God sets the lonely in families" Psalm 68:6)

I also want to send out a hearty welcome to our families and friends just finding our blog site through our New Years cards. We are excited to share our journey with you! So for you newbies, here is a little bit of info to catch you up to where the Lord has led us and where we are in our journey.........
Daddio and I felt nudged by the Lord to begin praying about adoption again a couple of months ago. We felt clear about going internationally this time and adopting a sibling pair/group but had no idea from where. As I did an Internet search, I came across Ethiopia and knew that our children were there waiting for us! The poverty and disease there is astounding but the people and culture there are so rich and beautiful. So we have been in process for several months now and CANNOT wait to bring our kids home! We don’t know who they are yet, ages, sex, etc. but we know that they are ours and we can’t wait to go get them! Hopefully we will know who they are by summer time and will be on our way to bring them home soon after.
SO there you have it folks...our journey in a nutshell!
So please check back often as I try to update our blog weekly and please pray for us and our journey.

We pray for a blessed and treasure filled New Year to you all!
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

3 comments:

Carpenters said...

Happy New Year! May it be a very blessed year!

With Love,
Penelope

Anonymous said...

It was nice to read your blog. I have been wondering how things were going since I saw you all in November.

Love you all,
Lisa B, Indiana

Amy said...

Beautiful family! Where in NOVA are you? We have family in Roanoke, both went to JMU in the 'Burg, etc. Congrats on expanding your family! :)
Amy