Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Doing The Happy Dance

Woo Hoo! I am offically doing the happy dance! I received the wonderful news on Thursday that we are officially Gladney approved to adopt up to three siblings ages 0-8. What a great day! Thank you Lord! God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good! I am also blessed to have an adoption agency that cares enough about all of the details to question everything to ensure that adoptions are in the best interest of the children and families. Thank you Gladney. So in honor of the joyous occasion, youngest daughter and I hit the mall last night on a girl's night out and did some damage to Daddio's bank account. :-) Actually, the after Christmas clearances are AMAZING and since I can't purchase clothing for the new kids yet, (except for my (product) red sale clothing of course -HA!) I found some great deals to take with us to Ethiopia for the orphanage caregivers, etc. Old Navy had full size body wash and lotion boxed gift sets for $2.49! They also had manly gift wrapped bar soaps for 50 cents! Lastly, for my new kiddos, since stuffed animals fit all ages and sizes, I got three HUGE soft doggy stuffed animals for $4.49 and their Beanie Babies sized counterpart for $1 just in case we decide not to travel with those big doggies! So, to recap our fun night; we got 10 boxed bath and body gift sets, 14 manly bar soaps, 3 big dogs, and 3 little dogs....all for less than $50 (and a partridge in a pear tree!) Oh, did I mention the monkey costume? :-) I couldn't resist. It is for a 12-18 month old and has little fleece pants with monkey feet at the bottom that covers the feet. The jacket has a monkey face hood, a banana sticking out of the pocket, and a curly tail! All for $2.49! I have no idea what I am going to do with that! It was just too cute to pass up! I figure between my kids, the neighbor kids, and my nieces, it will find the perfect new home! (You can send your condolence letters to Daddio for being married to the "But it was on sale!" queen!)
Have a blessed day!
"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise." James 5:13

6 comments:

Andrea and Peter Kidd said...

Kristy!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Oh, I was so hoping when I cam to check your blog that you would have gotten good news. I am so proud of you for being so determined. You knew waht was in your heart and you went for it. Way to go momma.....you can shop like a queen AND make things happen. Praise, praise, praise, God is so good.

Andrea

Tara said...

Yay! You must be SO excited to be past that hurdle!
And wohoo on the sales! I went to Old Navy today and got a huge bag of clothes for the kiddos at the orphanage for under 50 bucks! Everything was like 1 dollar! (well, I guess I don't need to tell you!)

Kimberly Baggett said...

How excited you must be!! I am excited to see who your children will be! And the shopping spree...good for you on all those bargains!! I am sad I missed them! Glad to find your blog!

renee treat said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what little bundles of joy God sends your way! What great news you've received!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristy,

We are so proud of you and your family. We can't wait to get our hands on all of our new grandbabies. We love you all.

Grandmama Alice & Grandpa Bob

Carpenters said...

I know I'm a little late in commenting, but I wanted to let you know how happy I am for you! Praise God that you were faithful and waited on him to change the hearts of those at Gladney.

With Love,
Penelope