Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Home 5 1/2 Months (JUST POSTED 7/27/10)


Yadel's 5th grade graduation

Celebrating with Yadel

Yadel enjoying sparklers!

Abigael celebrating the 4th of July!

Small Town Parade

"Little" boys on the 4th

"Little" girls on the 4th

The Boys

The Girls

Zoo Fun!

Stephan my Laxer boy

It's summer time and 5 months have passed since being home and being a party of 11! Yadel "graduated" from 5th grade in June and will head to middle school this fall. I was pretty emotional watching him receive his certificate because less than 5 months prior, he was in an orphanage in Ethiopia. WOW! The week after school, we all had a blast at vacation bible school. This year, I taught first grade girls, the four older kids helped out too, and the five youngest attended. It was so great having all nine kiddos there! Our weekends are filled with Stephan's lacrosse so we are officially a LAXer family and I am definitely a LAXer Mama. Next came 4th of July and we enjoyed a hometown parade, swimming, a BBQ, sparklers, and fireworks. What a great day! Two of my sweeeties started summer school in July, so I started "summer homeschool" with the other children every morning while the other two are at school. They are really enjoying it and hopefully they will retain what they learned this year a little better. Stephan is in China on a mission's trip for 3 weeks, and the rest of us will head down to Grandma's house for some beach fun soon. I'm ready for my beach therapy! Life is crazy. Life is busy. The ride is wild and I'm lovin' it!
Blessings!

4 comments:

jill funkhouser said...

Love the pictures!

Sherri said...

I've been waiting for more of these! Love to you.
Sherri

Laura said...

And you say you want to be like me....I couldn't imagine being like you. :) You are such a great mom, and an inspiration!!!

Cassandra Britt said...

You have such a beautiful family!