Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

4 Months Already?!?!?!



I cannot believe that we have all been together for 4 months! The best way that I can sum up my life right now is through two stories about my children:
1. Ellie, three years old, said her goodbyes to each of the 5 elementary school kids on their way to the bus stop today. Yadel went to her, picked her up in a huge hug, swung her around three times, gave her a kiss, and said "I love you." Oh, my heart. Just over 4 months ago, he was living in an orphanage in Ethiopia.
2. Grace and Abigael gave me a gift today as they were heading out to the bus stop. It is a journal and on the inside Grace wrote: "Dear Mom, I am so happy that you are my mom. Thank you for being my mom. I am thankful that I am your daughter. I love you as you love me. I have fun singing with you at church. Thank you for adopting all of us. I love you mom." Less than two years ago, she was living in an orphanage in Ethiopia.
I LOVE the way the Lord had grown our family through adoption.

6 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Happy 4 months Home to your beautiful family! What sweet kids!

Angie said...

Sounds like the Lord is working beautifully in the hearts of your children. What a blessing!

Joy said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

God brought you all together, no doubt. It was sooo meant to be! :-)

Carpenters said...

Beautiful! Time goes by so quickly. Happy Four Months Home!

Lori S said...

Sweet stories and sweet pictures!! I just love your family!! :)