Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Waiting and Cheering


Stephan Showing His Soccer Skills

Katie Patiently Waiting For Her Turn While Cheering On Others

Ellie The Cheerleader

Stephan The Lacrosse Rockstar

Grace The Goalie (They Switch Postions During The Game)

Samuel The Slugger

We are on week 8 waiting for our I-171H. It's a pain but this time around, I have so much more peace about the wait. I don't know if it is the busyness of school and five sports being played in our home or what, but I thank the Lord for it. I think that I still feel like that I need to pinch myself to make sure that this is real. We have not been able to communicate with our kids yet, so I think that once we are able to send a letter and care package over and begin receiveg update on them, it will become real and I will become less patient as I wait to have my kids home with me. They need their Mommy & Daddy and we need them. So while I wait, I will cheer on all of these kiddos at home!
On the home front, we have Stephan playing varsity soccer & participating in weekend lacrosse tournments. Katie is playing her first season of volleyball and her first game is today. Grace is having a blast in her first organized sport ever...soccer. She is quite the natural. Samuel is enjoying fall baseball. Then there's Eliana....the best cheerleader ever for her brothers and sisters!
Lastly, I have recently learned that the other sibling group that Grace was so close to at Gladney's foster care center (see this post) is in process to be adopted as well. Only the Lord knew when I wrote that post that one of those sibling groups were ours. Less than a month later, we started the process to bring the set sibling set of three home to our family. It has been my hope and prayer when we stepped forward to adopt this first sibling group that the second sibling group would not be left behind. I AM PRAISING THE LORD for this great news. If you are the family for these two older girls that are at Gladney's foster care center, please contact me as I would love to stay in contact with you as Grace ADORES these girls and I have many photos of them.
Have a blessed and wonderful weekend!
Kristy

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I so hope you are talking about the two older sisters that my kids adore also! I hope so!!! Would you email me if you know?

Thanks and blessings to you. Can't wait until your newest three are home.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Wonderful news about the other sibling group. Do they live at all near you?

Glad to hear you are handling the wait with grace. I guess you can think about it as this is a time to enjoy the relative ease before your family is knocked for a loop for a while ( a good loop, but you know what I mean...).