Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm Not Superwoman


This post is in honor of my friend Lisa who wonders how I do it all. Well, I don't. The Lord does. I do none of this on my own strength...I am unable and unworthy...SERIOUSLY! I don't think that I will be winning any parent of the year awards anytime soon. I am not artsy crafty. I don't like to cook. I am not super lovey cuddly. I am by profession a registered nurse. Not the type to kiss and love on the boo boos to make them better. Nope.....if 911 doesn't need to be called then you know where the band aids and ice packs are. I am impatient and cranky way too often. I have told my children on numerous occasions that I have already been through their grade and that they need to figure out their own homework. Pretty nurturing huh?
What I do have is an intense love for my Lord which gives me an intense love of my family and children. I am a faulty faulty human being who is a child of the King. He calls me to insane tasks such as parenting nine children and I obediently say yes.
A gift that He has given me for all of my other shortcomings is the gift of organization. I know, I know, I always thought that it was a pretty lame-o gift....the gift of administration. Well, now I get why He gifted me with that. It helps me to somehow keep some semblance of order in my world of chaos.
So there you have it folks....the cat is out of the bag.....I am NOT Superwoman.
Blessings,
Kristy

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I love this post! (I am a "secret admirer" who admittedly thought you were SuperWoman for all the kids you have!) I needed to hear your words of honesty and tranparency because I am constantly "beating myself up" for not being the sweet, fun, lovey dovey mom I think I should be. But I can relate so much with you. Only with Christ can I get through my days of mothering 4 children. (That sounds so easy compared to 9). If only I did have the gift of organization! Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

ahhh..thanks. I feel much better. I always feel like a failure for not being more lovey-dovey. But I am good a creating order out of chaos. And I do love my kids to pieces even if I am not the craftsy kind of mom. Someday, maybe i'll get to 9-kid status but God is going to have to move a mountain (aka my husband) to do it. We'll see. Right now, I'll be content with the 4 we have. Hope all is going well with the adoption!

Jan

Nikki said...

Love the post. I can SO relate!

Thinking of you! The kids still talk about your three all the time. Tonight one of the girls made a muscle with her bicep and we all told her how big her muscles are. She said Yahdel has really big muscles!

baeressentials said...

Hey! you will never believe for some odd reason I can see blogs from ET right now- who knows...it has been great to "catch up" on a couple peoples blogs- so here I am- I don't know a ton of who's who down at the foster homes but I am curious about your three- what ages are they- our daughter was here for two months and had a heart for a trio--I bet they are the same and if they are she would be a great resource to fill in at least some of the time "gap" and what life was like for them etc.
Hope you are well.
Peace.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, Kristy, that sounds a ton like me. But I have never tried this one -- "I have told my children on numerous occasions that I have already been through their grade and that they need to figure out their own homework."

I must remember that quote!!!!!

You ARE a supermom in Christ!

Andrea Hill said...

What a powerful post. I love when women come forward and let us know that we are not so perfect after all and truly only function by God's Grace. Amen to that.

Blessed - Dad of 9; Husband to One Beautiful Wife said...

You ARE my Super Woman!
There's nothing more I could want you to do.
Love your husband. SAS <><