Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hair Braiding







Grace has recently asked to have her hair braided. I knew that I wasn't up for the task. My niece and daughter attempted to braid Grace's hair during spring break but it was very loose and came out within days. Enter my new friend Askale. She and her family are from Ethiopia and they are lovely people. We went to her house for a two hour braiding session, Ethiopian style, and we enjoyed some wonderful honey bread (dabo) and chai tea (they pronounce it "shy.") After we got home my daughter Katie and myself added beads that Grandma Alice bought for Grace. This is her first hair braiding in a year (since Ethiopia!)It definitely brings back memories of when we first met Grace as her facial features are so much more prominent with braids. I think that Grace & Ellie look much more alike now!
Nothing new on the adoption front. Just paper chasing and once again waiting on our golden ticket, the I-171H. it is mind boggling that there is a chance that our new blessings will be home by Christmas though. WOW!
Enjoy the rest of your summer! My kiddos head back to school after Labor Day.
Blessings,
Kristy

4 comments:

Sherri said...

She is so beautiful!
We are in week 5 of school but heading into a break after next week. My parents will be visiting :-). I can't believe you may have your sweet ones home for Christmas. How wonderful!
SV

Malissa P. said...

I love her hair braided...it shows off that lovely face even more! She is soooo stunning and her beautiful spirit just shines through those eyes.
Thanks for sharing.

coffeemom said...

Man, she is gorgeous!!! W/ or w/out braids, she is! Good job mom! will email you soon, it was a slamming week but I meant to get back to yoU! have a great weekend! M

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. Love the braids. wow,by Christmas. How exciting. What a loud and super merry holiday that will be.

Jan