Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Heart Hurts For Orphans (UPDATED)




Here I sit in my comfy home with more than I could ever need in a lifetime as my sweet Grace still cries for her friends in Ethiopia with no families yet....the orphans. We have been praying specifically for two sets of siblings that are dear friends of hers to find their way to their forever families. I am guessing that each set has been in our agency's foster care center for about two years....waiting and watching as other Mommies and Daddies come and happily pick up their new sons and daughters....but not them....again. Who knows where they were before that. See, they aren't cute little babies, they're the bigger kids....ages six and older...a sibling set of two and a sibling set of three. We're still praying and they are still waiting. How can I explain this to my sweet Grace?
I looked up quotes by Mother Teresa and these quotes stirred my soul in a HUGE way:
"The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted."
"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."
"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat . . . We must find each other."
"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go."
"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."
"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."

And that folks, is why my heart is hurting so tonight. Sure, adoption of these precious children may be just a "drop in the bucket" to some, but my family would be less because of that missing drop (or drops.) :-)
"God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:6
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.: John 14:18
Would you please join me in praying for forever families for these sweet children? Also, if you would like to view the photolisting of these two sibling sets, e-mail me using the e-mail address on the right sidebar or leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I will send you the website link.
Blessings,
Kristy

8 comments:

Malissa P. said...

Yes, I will pray for them...with all my heart. You and your family are a blessing.
Malissa

Lori S said...

I was looking through my pictures from Ethiopia last week and had the same heavy heart for all of those precious children we had to leave behind! What will become of their lives? What more can I do?

I know of a family in OK that is adopting a sibling group of 3 from the foster center--I wander if they are Grace's friends?!

Michelle Riggs said...

I will join you in praying for these children.

My daughter, Samrawit, waited a long time in an orphanage. She is an absolute joy. I would love for these kids to find a home.

We would love to reprint this post in our magazine, if you are OK with us doing that.

you can check it out at http://www.seriouslifemagazine.com/
RiggsFamilyBlog.com

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you! We just began our adoption journey to Ethiopia. As we walk along the windy road ahead, I know your words will bring encouragement and light.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Robin said...

Loved your post. Your family is beautiful! We have our court date this week for our 2nd Ethiopian adoption.....this time our referral was for a sibling group: boy (5), girl (3). I am excited about older children adoptions......I know there was a referral in January for twin girls and their younger brother who had been in the older children's house for awhile...could it be the same children???? You can email me: robinrankin@yahoo.com

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

We feel the same way....after adopting 7 beautiful children we still there are just sooo many orphans left. We have had people ask us...when will we stop...adopting...our answer when our table is full....which may never be. Our lives are so filled with love, and our hearts still ache for those who are still not loved by a mom and dad. WE are praying for them too!!! Love your blog!

Melinda said...

Can you send me the link for them? Thanks?
Momtoo2girls@yahoo.com

Kimmie said...

Hi Kristy;

I love your heart. We are passionate about adoption. My heart is crying out again for God to open a door to a sibling group adoption.

bless you as you intercede for His orphans.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted