Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Year Referral Day Anniversary!


Our First Photo Of Eliana Hiwot

Our First Photo Of Grace Bizuayehu

Grace and Eliana April 2009

Our Family -Easter 2009

Wow! Has it already been a year since I received the life changing phone call from Mary T. telling us about our Ethiopian Beauties?!?!? I still remember the excitement of it all, and I have butterflies in my stomach still just writing about it! Our request was for a sibling group of up to three children ages 0-8. Because of the large interest in babies and girls, we were pretty sure that we would be referred older boys. Our hearts REALLY wanted a little one AND an older child. Well, we got just that and surprisingly, girls, with our referral of Eliana Hiwot age 11 months and her amazing sister, Grace Bizuayehu, age 7 1/2 years old. I am SURE that we hit the adoption lottery folks! It has been a busy but wonderfully amazing 7 months since the girls came home. We really got the best of both worlds. A little one to snuggle and cuddle with. And an older child full of joy and love who has had so many firsts in her life since being here that I lost count many months ago! Recently, Grace had the joy of celebrating her first Easter and catching her first fish! She spent the first months home writing "I love family" any time she had a writing instrument in hand. Older child adoption is hard work (not to mention the early days of toddler adoption is no walk in the park either), and we still struggle with a huge curiosity and the language gap wi th Grace that basically equates to impatience on our part, but it is oh so worth it! Because this is our second older child adoption, the feelings of "instant family" were much quicker to surface this time. We are so thankful to the Lord that He found our family worthy enough to bless us with these girls! If you have a moment, I'd love you to travel down memory lane with me with this post about our referral.
Blessings,
Kristy

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Such a beautiful family picture! I love hearing about the girls and how your whole family is doing. Wow! One year ago you received your referral. Although I truly do not want to wish the time away, I look forward to being a year out from our referral. Thanks for posting!

Sherri said...

Kristi, this made my heart flutter. What a special time of rememberance. I know when I look as Wilguencia's pictures I am filled with such love for her even many miles apart. We look forward to being able "to look back" and are so blessed for you that yours are in your arms!!! God's timing is ALWAYS perfect and we know that even while we wait.
Sherri

Lori S said...

Beautiful, beautiful post!! I second EVERYTHING you have to say about being willing to adopt older children!! It is work--having children..period...is work, but soooo worth it!!
Your girls are beautiful!

By the way, I have been so busy that I totally missed our one year anniversary of our referral in March!! Can you believe it?! Does that make me a bad mom?!