We're still hare and alive and kickin'. The power has been on and off for the past couple of nights so we haven't been able to post. Plus, I am the lucky one out of the family that has gotten sick. So I have been down for the count for the last two days.
The girls are doing well. I think that it has been a little harder for Bizuayehu to share the attention with her sister, and to have her Mom sick. She is doing great though! We actually have her speaking to us in a voice most of the th\ie...not just a whisper. :-) She has been teaching her Daddy Amharic which has been such a cool bonding thing for them.
Hiwot has not been feeling well. So on top of the adjustment and being sick, she is having a rough time. She does have times when she comes out of her shell and and babbles and smiles and plays. She vomited for the first two days everytime that we tried to give her medication which made things difficult as well. Hubby took her to the Doctor today and got her some medicine as well as medicine for me which was a blessing since I was in bed and didn't go with them.
Hubby is the greatest and has single handedly figured out how to give her the medicine without vomiting it up. Since I have been out of commission for the last two days, he and oldest daughter have been amazing holding down the fort. Unfortunately, my Mommy duties are on hold for now.
We have also been so blessed by staying at the Addis Kidan Guest House. They have walked to the store to get me Sprite and have been helping to take care of Hiwot. Also, there is a family here from VA that are moving back here as missionaries. They are wonderful! Thanks to them, I have been catching up on my movie watching for the past two days.
We are ready to get back home to our entire family!
Blessings,
Kristy

8 comments:
We are praying for quick healing for you and Hiwot. What an awesome hubby & daughter you have! How wonderful that He and B have started to bond with language! Love you & miss you all!
Heather
Praying you guys feel better soon! What a blessing to have people there that are not only able, but willing to help out! Can't wait to see more pictures of the new family :)
Kristy, I really hope you are feeling better soon! It sounds like your husband is a very special person, and a wonderful dad!
Thanks for the update! I've been really pathetic about checking your blog a thousand times a day!!
So sorry to hear that you're sick--I hope you feel better for the trip home.
So glad that B is getting more comfortable. She'll soon realize what a great family she has!
Lori
We will continue to pray for healing and safety for you all. How wonderful that the girls are beginning to open up. Don't be discourage, you have the rest of their lives with them! PTL! This brings back wonderful memories of our first moments with our precious ones. We are standing in the gap with you there and those here in VA. Love and blessings to you all.
Courtney and Larry
What a time of family working together.. and bonding. How cool that dad is having this time with his girls. God is good. I will pray for health and safe travels home. Hope you are feeling better soon.
praying for the two of you to heal up quickly (and no one else to get sick).it's wonderful to see your pics-
Oh Kristy,
I was sick the last few days in China last year when we brought Sam home. It was such a bummer, but I made it through and was never more happy to get home!!
Praying for you!
Martha
Post a Comment