Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Glimmer Of Hope (UPDATED)


First and foremost, I want to shout out a HUGE thanks to all of my blogger buds for all of the uplifting and encouraging comments. You are all the best and it is such a blessing to know that you all are out there praying for us all...and it is working! Keep it up!
I am hopeful that good news is just around the corner for our family and all of the Gladney families that have been in this holding pattern for the last 40 days (but hey, who's counting!) :-) Hmmm....as I write this, I find it interesting that is has been 40 days since 40 days (and nights) is a biblically rich number! Maybe some good news tomorrow perhaps?
I am still very cautious since it is hard to get my hopes up again, but please stay tuned and keep praying!
Oh, and last but definitely not least, I must give a HUGE shout out to the Gladney Ethiopia team and their tireless effort to appease the masses and to ensure that we are all united with our forever families ASAP. I have no words for the gratitude that I feel for them.
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a
tree of life" Proverbs 13:12


UPDATE: After 40 days (and nights) I am thrilled to report that things are moving along again! I know of atleast 7 referrals given out to Gladney families on families on Friday (Woo Hoo!) and I hope to hear great news about our Ethiopian beauties this week! Thanks again for all of the prayer support and please keep praying!

11 comments:

graceling said...

Kristy, thanks for posting about the 40 days and 40 nights... that does make this wait even more significant for me!

Hope we all hear something good tomorrow, and that you hear something GREAT really SOON!

mama becca said...

WOW!
That gives me goose bumps :).
Thanks for the update- we're praying so tirelessly for all of you...
becca

Unknown said...

Kristy,

I am praying for you all every day! I can't wait to read the post that you made it through court. Won't that be a day to celebrate?!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your next post.

Lori S said...

I'm also excited and hopeful for GOOD NEWS soon! I'm so ready to go pick up my girls!! What a roller coaster, huh?

emily said...

How encouraging to read- I so hope to read really, really good news on here soon!!! I know this has been such a difficult wait for you and the other families involved!!!!

Praying for all of you daily. :)

Jen said...

Kristy,
So nice to "meet" you! Thank you for writing on my blog. I will be praying for you and your family. I hope that your girls are home soon. By the way, we live in the Boston area now but lived in Northern VA (Oakton and Vienna) before my husband went to UVA for law school.

Lori S said...

Yaaaay, Kristy--I'm so so excited about the possiblity of getting our girls soon!
Take Care,
Lori S

Jennifer said...

Very significant....AND, well, GREAT NEWS came yesterday. Continuing to pray with you...

Carpenters said...

I'm so glad that their is hope for you while you hang in there. I'm praying that Jesus will bring you his peace as you wait. I can't imagine how hard this must be. A friend of mine who also had to wait months for a successful court date and she was encouraged when her husband said that their is a reason for the wait. God wanted their daughter to stay in Ethiopia, her birth country, longer. It definitely helped her to remember that God began them on this journey and He would be faithful to see it through. I'll be praying that your girls will come home quickly.

With Love,
Penelope

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Boy, hoping you will be making a HUGE trip soon.

Looks like things are finally moving along. I totally understand your cautiousness, though. I know many times I had to guard my heart during the journey. Keep believing in the ONE who sets the lonely in families.

Lori S said...

Woo Hoo!! We're excited about the latest news as well! Since our court date was later, we don't plan on hearing this week, but soon! Here's praying that you'll get your good news soon and the wait will be over.