Yes, we are alive. Life has been so busy! We were blessed to be able to spend a week with my parents at the beach for Spring Break. I guess that if I ignore posting on my blog, the wait time will go by faster! :-) We did make it to a month of waiting for our referral since I last posted!
Do other families out there waiting dream about "the call?" I know that we have just begun our wait time but I still think about the call and imagine what it will be like and of course.....WHEN it will come! Last week, on the SAME NIGHT, my Mom, myself, and my oldest daughter dreamt either about our kids in Ethiopia or about traveling in a foreign land. It was the night of the 19th and I half expected the referral phone call the next day. (Okay, those of you who have been waiting and know how long it can be...stop laughing!) No call but I am sure that either the 19th or 20th is significant for our new kiddos. Was one born? Did they enter the orphanage on that day? I have chill bumps just writing about it.
Gladney has been on a roll with their referrals! Woo Hoo! Congrats to all of you that received your referrals (and court dates!) All of us waiting families are hoping to receive our referrals and court dates before the Ethiopian courts close for the rainy season from August 8th until the beginning of October. UGGHHH!
Guess what I just noticed as I published this post? We have been on this adoption journey for 5 months! WOW! We will press on and keep our eyes on the prize! :-)
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

8 comments:
Can't wait to see what role the 19th/20th plays in your adoption story!
It looks like vacation was a blast! I didn't dream about "the call", but definitely had traveling to Ethiopia dreams. It will definitely be interesting to see how the 19th or 20th is significant. Praise God that he gives us what we need each day to know that our children will come to us in His perfect timing! I can't wait to hear when that is for you and your three newest additions.
With Love,
Penelope
So glad you were able to enjoy a vacation during the wait. I bet it made this past week go faster, although you may have had a hard time checking out blogs. I know I have gotten a little addicted to them myself. Now I have to put a time limit on myself.
Hey, April 19 wouldn't be too bad, but would you take sooner? :)
You have the best sense of humor! Thanks for the uplifting comment concerning our court date. Just think, that referral is right around the corner! Maybe we'll learn about the referral before we all travel so we can get some pictures for you! Hang in there...
Love the pics! Looks like you had a great time! I dream about the call all the time! Can't wait to share stories when the BIG DAY happens for us!
Looks like so much fun!!!
looks like y'all are having such a great time during the wait (even though it is proving to be so difficult!!) love the pictures! blessings!
Ok, so I'm dying to know who you are rooting for on Idol? I'm so addicted to it and I really believe that the boys are outperforming the girls this year. Hope you are doing well on this emotional roller-coaster! Hang in there...
Post a Comment