Well, we are a month into this wonderful but challenging process and I wake up every morning saying "we're one day closer to our kids!" We received our FBI clearance letters today and I am thrilled that there was nothing that Steve forgot to mention. HA! :-) Every day that I receive another piece of paperwork I do the happy dance all over again. My little guy Samuel is probably thinking that Mom has lost it every time the mail arrives! It's hard to be waiting during Christmas...you know...when family is supposed to be together. When the Lord chose us to become parents again, and He gave us the location of our children, we became parents again instantaneously. A piece if my heart went right to Ethiopia and it sits there with my children waiting for us to be united so that it can be whole again. I think all to often if they are okay, if they are safe, if they are healthy, if they are loved, if they are hungry. It makes me love on our kids at home a little more and squeeze them a little tighter. I think about next year and how much fuller (and wonderfuller if it were a word!) our house and lives will be. Just driving around with the kids and looking at Christmas decorations, I get excited thinking about seeing all of the same scenes this time next year through the eyes of my sweet new children. Oh how joyous. It is helping me to focus on this season....... to guard my family time and take time to reflect on the blessings of the season and the gifts of my children here at home and in Ethiopia. Most importantly, I am reminded to stay focused on the reason for the season...Jesus, and the gift that He has provided to us all!
"Every good and and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights" James 1:17
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment