Another great news post! (I could get used to this!) :-) I received our final notarized home study in the mail today! A copy of it is already on its way to CIS and we should be assigned a date for fingerprinting once that is received. Two copies as well as other required paperwork is on its way to Gladney, our agency, and once received, we should be officially Gladney approved. That means that we have completed all paperwork needed and meet the requirements to adopt from Ethiopia through Gladney. Next is finishing up our foreign paperwork, the Dossier, and waiting for the coveted I-171H which will give us permission to adopt orphans internationally. Once that is received and authenticated, we will officially be on the waitlist for a referral. Right now the waitlist time is 3-5 months and can change at any time.
So there you have it folks......our process to bring our Ethiopia kids home! What a pain but WELL worth it!
On another note, I found that (Product)Red baby/toddler clothing at Gap is on big sale. 50% of the profits from sales go to the Global Fund to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Well, I couldn't resist and ordered five items in various sizes so that our Ethiopia kiddos will not be forgotten on Christmas morning. I know I know.....nothing may fit but we will just donate the clothing to our kid's orphanage if that ends up being the case. My favorite is a red long pants onesie with the map of Africa on it that says TREASU(RED). How sweet!
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's such great news! I was so thrilled when we go ours. It felt like the paper chase was coming to an end. The Treas(red) onesie is so cute. What fun to open these on Christmas!
~Penelope
Post a Comment