WOW! Have we really been home for a month?!?!?! We're all still alive and kickin' amazingly! :-) B has been in school for two and a half weeks and LOVES it still! She is now comfortable enough to test the waters which is a good thing and bad thing! She is already turning into a picky eater and is very opinionated on her clothing choices. She still has a very laid back personality and I am learning to pick my battles (though battle is such a strong word for her gentle spirit!)
She has recently cried twice (FIRST TEARS!) as she was missing her friends from Ethiopia. I am sure that there was so much more to the story as her spoken English isn't great yet. I was so thankful that she felt safe enough to shed tears with us! We wrote a letter to all of her girlfriends and will make sure it makes it to them! Oh, this week's exciting new words were "fog" when she saw it as we walked to the bus stop and "sweat" as it was dripping off of her forehead! She is so cute..."What is dis' Mommy?"
Hiwot is doing great....still on antibiotics for a stubborn sinus infection and cutting those monster molars though! She loves to say "Bye!"...sounds more like "Die!" though but it is accompanied with many waves and blown kisses! She is a great hugger and patter too! :-) The biting and hitting that she arrived with has all but disappeared. I only see her hitting tendency when her siblings don't get her nonverbal cues that say "LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!" so she hits them. Hmmmmmm.....slow learners these kiddos are! :-)
Hiwot really disliked her crib when she came home and we are slowly having her learn that it is not so bad. At first, we had to get her asleep, and hold her long until she was totally out before putting her in bed. But if I put her on the living room floor to sleep for her nap, no problem! But if I would put her in the crib, she would wake up in hysterics! ACK! Recently we have moved to rocking her until right before she goes to sleep, or putting her in her crib and I just hang out in the rocking chair so that she can see me. Now, after hanging out for a while, I leave before she falls asleep. Yes she cries, but she falls to sleep soon after. Also, now when she wakes up, we can hear her playing sometimes which is such a blessing! She now sleeps all night (about 11 hours) and takes a 1-1/2 hour morning nap. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's about it in S'ville. Just normal life which is making blogging a little harder. Between the chaos od kiddos and no new news...what do I write about?!?!?!
Blessings,
Kristy

10 comments:
Love your updates... so glad the girls continue to adjust well! (although it's so sad learning about the first tears, but I guess that's just part of this, right???).
take care!
becca
Loved hearing this update of how you're all doing! So glad they are feeling comfortable enough to let out those embedded feelings. It will help you to grow even closer together. Blessings, Shelly
I am so happy for you and the girls. I am glad that they are settling in and feeling like family. I am sad that B misses her friends. That brought tears to my eyes. Maybe she could talk with F once she comes home--wouldn't that be sweet?
God Bless!
Thank you for the update....everyone looks great! I know your days are full, what beautiful blessed chaos!
May the Lord Bless and Keep you!
Malissa
Aaaah! I just watched the Dancing Darling video. That is so adorable!
That video is so adorable. It sounds like you have 2 very sweet girls. Thanks for posting especially about the crib transition. It helps to think through these things and be prepared for something similar.
That video is adorable!
Do they speak Amharic or Oromic?
There is a great site for Oromic.
Gadese and the kids love it when I go to You Tube and play songs and videos from there.
Your girls are beautiful!
Kristy, Great to see the girls doing so well! Thanks for the updates. Sounds like life is crazy and that's the best part of all!
Wow. Things seem to be going great. OUr daughter from Taiwan bit for 6 months. It is a frustrating habit to break.
Letting you know, the little guy with Down Syndrome is being adopted. I'm double checking with Mary T to confirm but I do believe he's found a home!!!!!
Jan
One month! Sounds like things are going really well. Hey, you have time to update, so that means something!
Take care!
Post a Comment