Growing In Faith And Family
Welcome! Join us on our rollercoaster ride of life with nine blessings. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home 3 Months!







Wow! Three months home just snuck up on me. We are doing very well and staying very busy with 5 in soccer and 2 in lacrosse (one is on JV and Varsity so I am sure that counts as three lacrosse sports!) The new kiddos are enjoying playing soccer and Yadel and Betel have already scored their first goals! Abigael is quite the goalie. It is so fun being able to watch them play soccer and enjoy being kids with no worries!
I had such an amazing Mother's Day...the best ever. I had all nine children with me all day and it just warmed this Mama's heart as we ran around to lacrosse fields and finally made it home to an amazing home cooked meal made by my family. I also received the most beautiful necklace ever that has the names of all of the children on it. The back of it says "My nine blessings from God." Awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so love my family.
On the adjustment front, things are going well. We are all still adjusting, but we are also finding our new normal. I know that by our 6 month mark, we will have officially found our "new normal" and I am excited about that.
We had our first post placement visit yesterday and the kids were so funny. The social worker asked them if there is anything that they don't like and Abigael said "those little round green things" (peas) and Yadel said "snakes." They crack me up!
If you are considering adoption, please allow your heart and mind to consider older children. They are so amazing and are longing so much for forever families. They KNOW what they have lost and KNOW what they long for. And they are usually the ones left behind. I can't imagine a better investment than to invest in the life of a child.
Blessings, Kristy

10 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

I LOVE the smiles all your children have, they're gorgeous and infectious. You have a BEAUTIFUL family. Happe ( belated) Mother's Day to a mom who inspires me!

Sherri said...

You look younger than ever. Thank you for sharing. I always love the updates. Who did the necklace (wondering if it's T); they did a great job. Bless the BUNCH of you!

Sherri

jill funkhouser said...

You guys all look amazing. Beautiful, beautiful family. Would love to hear what your meal plans are now and how you save money and do groceries...when you have time. Love the necklace, would lvoe to know where they got it. Thanks and happy belated Mother's Day!

emily said...

So great to see all your blessings! Glad you had a great Mothers Day!!

Hair self-esteem is important said...

Hair care for Ethiopian adoptees

Transracial adoption hair care


Books for children about African hair care

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Dear Hair Self-Esteem Is Important,
Thanks for sharing the great links. I agree that we have a long way to go in the hair dept. Honestly, when the girls get a great hairstyle; with the next wash, they opt to wear is as pictured. We are a work in progress so please be patient with us and thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, Kristy

Malissa P. said...

I love your family! I am glad you shared your Mothers Day with us, the readers who understand your heart for God, your heart for family. Hope you don't feel bad for 'choosing' to be born white (wink wink). Your family is a treasure! The reality of your LOVE is evident. Again...thank you for sharing! by the way..that necklace is amazing! Where did it come from?
Gods continued blessings on you!

Our journey following Christ said...

Thanks for the looking me up and for the comment. You have an absolutely gorgeous family!

I was checking out your blog and it's wonderful to see your family raising money for the orphanage in Ethiopia. God definitely changes your heart when you've realized the need, doesn't He?

Yes, and I can't think of a better investment than eternity!

Blessings,
Laura

Angie said...

Mother's Day with 9! That's awesome. I'm wondering if that really cool necklace of yours is expandable...ya know...just in case? :)

Carpenters said...

So sweet! The necklace is beautiful. How wonderful to have all nine finally together! Six months was a turning point for us, but it was at our one year mark that I looked back and said, "wow, we really have adjusted and bonded completely. I couldn't imagine our lives without them." My heart breaks for the losses of older children and I'm so glad to hear the blessings they bring to your live.

With Love,
Penelope