Sorry for the lack of posting. We are doing well. I just have been down with my usual sinus infections...again! We had the opportunity to dine at a wonderful Ethiopian restaurant with other local adoptive parents of Ethiopian children a couple of weeks ago. We had such a great time and Grace really wanted to wear her traditional Ethiopian outfit that her caregivers at Gladney gave to her. Of course, we had to put Ellie in her outfit as well. Aren't they just adorable?!?!? The staff were so friendly and gracious. This was our first visit to an Ethiopian restaurant since the girls came home so Grace loved it....though it was very overwhelming for her emotionally mixing her two worlds I think. The familiar sounds and smells were comforting but hard to handle at the same time. We were able to bring home some injera and freeze it. She loves it when we pull a piece of it out for her to have with dinner. Today we watched the movie Endurance from 1999. It is the story of famous Ethiopian runner Haile Gebrselassie. We all enjoyed the movie very much. It was inspirational and my 7yo non Ethiopian born son wants to be a runner now. :-) Afterwards, Grace said that it was the best movie!
Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Kristy

4 comments:
Love catching up with your beautiful crew!
Beautiful photo! I love the girls' dresses. We have a great Ethiopian restaurant about an hour from where we live and we have been there several times. I was just thinking this weekend if taking our kids there this summer will be a blessing to them or will it be difficult at first. Then I read your post. Lots to think about. Thanks so much for sharing!
Glad to see you are all still doing well! I love the Ethiopian dresses!
I've tried making injera a few times, but Faven won't eat it! Not much like the real thing, I guess.
When we took our trip to Ft. Worth, we wanted to stop at an Ethiopian restaurant, but the girls were having a hard time with the trip, so we didn't chance it.
Maybe someday!
Oh, your girls are beautiful!! I haven't seen them in a while!! they are just gorgeous!! So sweet..Thank you for your comment..and yes, it has been a bumpy road, but we're on a good path now (we hope) and pray God will bring our baby girl home to us...thanks for stopping by and hope we have news on court soon, kristi
Post a Comment