Yes folk, it is in fact true. We are officially on the waitlist for referral! Hence the new cute time counter at the top of our blog. Woo Hoo! Our Dossier is finished and on its way to Washington DC as I type this. It will stop in for a quick hello to Condoleezza Rice's office and then onto the Ethiopian Embassy. From there, it will be sent to Ethiopia to be translated and readied for when we receive the glorious call that we have been matched with our kiddos. Right now the average waiting time for a referral is 3-5 months. I wish that I could say that it all gets easier from this time forward but truthfully, it is totally out of our hands and all that we can do is be patient and wait. Those of you who know me are probably already laughing. Patience and waiting are not my strong points. But they are obviously the Fruit of The Spirit that I need work because here I am.....waiting some more...... :-)
When I received the e-mail from Mary tonight from Gladney stating that we are offically on the waitlist, this verse popped into my head and keeps playing over and over...I know, it's not the gospel good news, but oh, what good news! :-)
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15(b)
That Mary has some BEAUTIFUL FEET! :-)





11 comments:
Yea for wait list!
Congratulations! We just sent off about 1/2 of the required items on our dossier, and I can only imagine the relief when it is ALL done!
I have never seen a picture that better describes the immensity of the dossier requirement like the one you posted. May I borrow it to share on my blog sometime?
GOD bless!
How wonderful to be on to the next step of your journey! I think that patience is something that we all need during this whole process, I just wish that it was easier to find sometimes. :)
Awesome!!! You know how people say the waiting is a blur when the child or children are in your arms? Well, we don't have the kids yet, but I can say the paperwork chase is already a blur. A friend asked me about one of the steps in the process, something about how many FBI prints, and I couldn't recall. Now, 7 months ago, I could have given her the details in my sleep. So enjoy the blur and celebrate life with your family during this next phase.
Sharon
Congrats on being wait listed!! I hope your times flies until referral and baby time!
Great news!! This is an amazing opportunity to trust the Lord for His perfect timing- it is often different from our own:) Hoping for a quick referral!!
YAAAY! Isn't it glorious to finaly be "officialy" waiting?! We will definitely be praying that the wait is short and easy! (although, easier said than done) :)
woo hoo!! Time to start profiling all the kiddos to pass the time. ;)
A completed dossier! It's a completely different notion being on the wait list you're now on. Funny to think how often being wait listed is a negative - not this time! May God continue to grant you patience as you await your referral.
OH I love this picture. I have already forgotten how much paper work there was. Happy waiting to you....hope it is quick!
Congratulations on completing your dossier! It was with a huge sense of relief that I mailed off the 200+ pages of our dossier. I was glad that I had finished my part and now just had to wait. I wish I could say that the wait gets easier, but it doesn't. At each hurdle, it got a little harder, but I also found that with God's grace, I was able to handle it. And now my two little ones are at home! God is good! I can't wait to see the faces of your three newest children. In the meantime, I'll pray for patience.
With Love,
Penelope
Post a Comment